Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why do i keep doing this to myself

Coming back from skating i felt like i needed something interesting to watch, so i decided to get myself some dvd's. I'd only realise that when i was half way back to my house so it was already to late to get it anywhere near shah alam. There was only one place in mind where i could without having to turn around, somewhere near my house, but i had a feeling i shouldn't buy it there but i just cant remember why. So i said to myself why not since i was really looking forward just relaxing at home watching dvd with my lovely wife.

So there i was in front of the shop thinking of what movie i wanted to buy but still back in my head i was still worried about something, something about this shop i was infront of. But i chose to just not worry to much. Well so i proceed through the door and walk myself down towards the counter. Looking through all the new movies on their catalogue i just had realise why i had the bad feeling about this place in the first place. The last time i bought a dvd from here i got conned. They told me with full of confidence how clear it was but when i jack it up on my dvd player, well to my surprise it was actually clear. WAYANG clear. %$@^#$ jerks. So thinking of away not to be tricked again and that i was too lazy to go anywhere else, so i came up with a brilliant idea. Well actually not so brilliant, its just common sense. You ask to try it out first before you purchase it.

So after choosing the specific story for tonight and ordered it, i ask the guy if the movie is clear or not and again he said with total confidence that it was. So after a minute or two the guy came back with the goods and i ask him to test it out. He said that it was a sure deal and that he was not lying. I insisted and told him that i wish to see it first before paying. So he pop the dvd in his player and press play. Sure enough it was pretty much clear and good, even though his tv was way smaller then mine and outdated but hell, as long as its clear then i could go as quickly as i can. Paid him and left is what i did.

BLAH BLAH BLAH and i was already in front of the telly with the wifey and ready for a good movie. Got the snacks out and got the remote control and proceeded to press play. But before that my wife did ask me how sure was i that this time i bought right. I told her that this is your husband your talking about. Of course i bought the right one. 'I even tested it out' i quote. So yeah back to the story, Pop it in n press play.

Suddenly my jaw dropped off and my wife started giggling. "u tested it out huh!" Bloody hell, it was not cleared at all. It looked like the movie was made out of LEGO toys. It looked like there wasn't enough pixel. Everything looked squared. What the fcuk happened? How come it look fine when he tested it out at his shop. I saw him putting the dvd in the cover and into the plastic bag. There was no way he could have swapped it when my freaking eyes was locked onto it the entire time i was existed in his store, no way. So after having to go through hearing my wife making fun of me, she ask me to tell her everything and every single detail that went down at the dvd store.

So i told her. Everything! Then she pause and looked at me as though she knew what happened. She said "Don't u see what u did wrong? You said that he has a smaller tv then ours right? Thats why it was clearer back then. Turns out that our tv was the normal size. The dvd format burn in small pixels. So when u watch it on a bigger screen the pictures brakes off. No matter how much i want to be good at buying stuff, i can never be as good as my wife. So instead of watching it on tv we ended watching the dvd on the lap top using windows media player without having to set it on full screen. MACAM HARAMS

No comments: