Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Danok was scary but i found something else that was freaking scary

Ever heard of Danok. Its at the boarder of Bukit Kayu Hitam. First part of Thailand if you going through Kedah. Its pretty scary if you ask me. This is the first time i step foot in Thailand. But i only spent like half an hour. It was easy to get in then i thought it would be. I didn't have a passport on me. I left that at home, coz i didn't plan to go there in the first place. Me mum was bugging me to follow her there to get her fruits there. Like you cant get it over here. But what the heck, since i had nothing to and i find it interesting when she said she could get me in without my passport. I mean this is my mum weir talking about. She cant do anything without my dad.

So off we went in that old school car of hers that i really really hate. Its been awhile since i spent time chatting with her alone. Same old same old topics that mothers like to talk about with their kids. This is what so beautiful about her. She would ask question and before i could open my mouth she would already answered it without realising it. And yet she waits for an answer from me. And then she tells me anything in three different version as doe she thought that i didn't understand her or something. Damn i love her. All smiles from me along the way there.

We finally reach there at the boarder, well the the 1st customs check point. I mean she did everything. Reach the booth and yelled to the officer that we were only going to have lunch at the Duty Free. They let as through. And i thought to myself thats easy i guess, i could have done that if i wanted to. Next point which is the local police road block. She pull down the wind shield and just wave at the police as doe she knew them or something. Damn, now i don't think i could have pull that off. Is this my mother. Some of them didn't care but the other's just smile back at her like they were friends or something.

WTF were the exact words that was going through my head. I mean it can't be that easy right? Ok i thought. Lets see how she does when we hit the Thai check point. Suddenly i felt exited in a way that i would never had imagine that i could get it from my own mother. Slowly we move through their custom toll. I could see the Thai customs officers screaming to people or anyone who were trying to get through. I was scared shit less man. To the bones for that matter. I mean what if we get caught or something. What would they do to us. I mean Thai officers looks like gangster from my eyes. Not like our officers. I mean this is some gangster shit looks that got bored somewhere in their life and decided to be an officers of the law or something.

Feeling like a bitch as i was, i turn to look at what my mum was doing. Hoping she felt the same too and chicken out or what not, so i could get the fuck out and pull out a fast and the furious u-turn or what shit. But nah, she was just singing along at the song that was being played on the radio. This is so not cool. Holy crap it was our turn at check point. As what she did at the first point, she roll down the wind shield when the Thai officers bang on the car window. I could hear him talking while my mum was rolling it down. And all of the sudden my mum starts to talk to them in Thai. What the hell. Who is she? How come i didn't know all this about her. The Thai officers started to laugh out loud and the whole conversation lasted for a good 10 minutes. What on earth could my mum talk about with this gangster looking shit officers and on top of that in Thai language.

After we pass through my mum just look at me and throw me this face as doe it looked like one of those hip hop music video's where the rapper just in hale weed or something and looking satisfied in a gangster's look. I thought Danok was scary but hell no, my mum is way scarier.

No comments: